Leicestershire Healthy Tots
Leicestershire Healthy Tots is an early year's accredited health promotion programme designed to encourage settings to promote healthy lifestyles as well as becoming health promoting environments. It was based on the National Healthy Schools model as well as similar tried and tested programmes for under-fives, established in other parts of the UK.
The programme aims to provide support to early years settings to enable them to:
- Support young children in making healthier choices around physical activity, healthy eating and emotional health and wellbeing.
- Develop a framework for planning, delivering and evaluating health promotion, which is in line with the early years foundation stage.
- Enable all children to develop healthy lifestyles regardless of age, disability, ethnic origin, faith, gender, language, sexuality, social class or special needs.
- Support children and their parents in developing healthy behaviours at home
- Develop staff confidence and competence in relation to health promotion
- Develop links with parents, the wider community and other agencies.
The resources section and the Generic Physical Activity Training will help practitioners work towards the accreditation criteria for physical activity.
For further details, to access resources and to sign your setting up for the accreditation process, please visit: