Derby County Community Trust has an interesting new and varied opportunity to join its fast-growing Education and Employability department as Education Support. Further details about the role and how to apply can be found by clicking the ‘apply now’ button below. Please note, all applicants must complete an application form by the closing date of Sunday 01 August 2021.
- Derby County Community Trust
- Part Time
- Derby County Community Trust
- Placed On
- Tue 13th July, 2021
- 12:00am - Sun 1st August, 2021
About Education Support
Derby County Community Trust has an interesting new opportunity to join its fast-growing Education and Employability department as Education Support.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of all education and employability programmes. Previous experience working in a team environment and learning aged 16 years to 19 years is essential in order to working closely with area leads, other coaches and volunteer staff to form a holistic approach across all areas of work.
The role will provide the opportunity for the successful candidate to be responsible for the planning and delivery of sessions/lessons in both the classroom and practical environment for the give programme.
- To liaise with key educational personnel when planning and arranging sessions to ensure the appropriate support is in place and all activities are appropriate to the relevant teaching group
- Complete and evidence weekly session/lesson plans for the area lead and inspection visits.
- To take responsibility for key deadlines and timelines throughout the year, ensuring learners are fully prepared to achieve/succeed.
- Effectively manage the learners you are directly working with, ensuring learners are fully supported to fulfil their potential; academically, practically and professionally.
- Manage the environment in which the session/lesson is taking place, ensuring learners safety is at the forefront.
- To maintain accurate attendance records, operation plans/emergency plans, risk assessments and equipment loan and usage.
- Report key data to the relevant area lead, including but not limited to, attendance, submissions, and performance.
- To provide effective feedback to learners through review sessions at allocated times throughout the year, using appropriate methods
- Responsible for the health and safety and safeguarding of all learners within your allocated groups, ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Support the development of staff, learners and volunteers that fall within your remit.
- Maintain exceptional standards with regards to the use and care of DCCT equipment/resources.
- Support with the recruitment for all programmes across the Education and Employability department, including but not limited to, events, activities, residentials and open days.
- To be aware of any rules and regulations relating to education, employability, and football.
- Collect, drive and return the minibus (9-seater to 17 seater – pending age and licence specification) for travel where applicable.
Personal Characteristics and Experience
- FA coaching Certificate (Level 2 minimum)
- FA Mod 1 and 2 or equivalent within six months of post start date
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to suitable vehicle
- Enhanced DBS CRB check
- First Aid qualification/BFAS
- Safeguarding training
- Working within a sporting specific environment
- Demonstrable experience completing Parent/Learner feedback reviews
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience working with learners 16 to 19 years
- Working knowledge of Football in the Community and Derby County Football Club
- Experience of elite football or development centres
- Experience of planning, delivering and evaluating sport delivery programmes
- A good understanding of Post 16 education system
- D1 Driving License
The role is part time, Monday to Friday and fixed term for 10 months.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website https://www.derbycountycommunitytrust.com/employment/. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without an accompanying application form.
Completed application forms and tasks should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to;
The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 01 August 2021.
As part of the Trust's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that they will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check (CRC) as part of the recruitment process.
Derby County Community Trust is an Inclusive Trust for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.