Head of Olympic Performance Programme
Following the success of the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games and as the sport moves further into the Paris cycle, the team at British Triathlon are looking to recruit a new role of Head of Olympic Performance Programme.
About Head of Olympic Performance Programme
his brand-new role is being introduced following a restructure of the coaching leadership team on the Olympic (Triathlon) programme. The Olympic Head Coach – who has strategically led the programme since the start of the Rio cycle – is moving to take on a technical coaching advisory role for our highest priority Olympic athletes (and their coaches). He will leave behind him this vital and hugely exciting leadership position that will be chiefly responsible for leading and delivering the national Olympic programme activities through the Paris cycle.
The full-time role will be multi-faceted and will act as the key interface between the Performance Director and the Olympic programme's athletes and staff. The role's key responsibilities will include:
- Providing overall leadership to the Olympic (Triathlon) programme, ensuring athletes, coaches and support staff are fully aligned to, and engaged with the national programme of activities.
- Leading the strategy for all national Olympic programme activities (camps/competitions).
- Leading, managing and developing the Head Coaches of the World Class Programme (WCP) Training Centres in Loughborough and Leeds.
- Ensuring the Individual Athlete Planning (IAP) process is embedded with the WCP athlete cohort and that athlete needs are reflected in the national programme of activities.
- Leading the Paris 2024/LA 2028/Gold Coast 2032/and beyond Olympic Games preparation and delivery strategy (including individual and mixed-relay disciplines).
For further information and details on how to apply please click on the link below.