We are currently recruiting a Competition Manager to join our small staff team. Reporting to the Head of Development, this role will be responsible for developing, promoting, and delivering the Boccia England national and regional competition programme, ensuring high quality events which promote participation and where appropriate enable pathway talent identification.
- Hybrid working, between Head office at Beeston, Nottingham and home., NG9 2RS
- Contact Name
- Emma Holmes
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- £24,000 to £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Tue 7th June, 2022
- 5:00pm - Wed 29th June, 2022
- Sport / Activity
- Job Reference
- BE CPM06/22
- Interview Date
- Thu 7th July, 2022
About Competition Manager
As Competition Manager, your key duties will be:
- Leading the Boccia England competition programme, including the delivery of our new strategic plan relating to competition.
- Promote competition pathways to new and existing players/clubs/organisations.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of competition programmes on participation and other Boccia England measures, through a dashboard of measurable participation metrics.
- Co-ordinate venue sourcing, booking and provision of relevant competition information, and delivery of our competitions supported by staff team and volunteers.
- Manage and prepare project reports and budgets.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to deliver our competition programme who has:
- A good knowledge of event and competition management and delivery
- Experience of organising events and competitions at national, regional, and local level
- Knowledge of the national sport landscape
- Knowledge of disability sport and the implications for disabled athletes and service delivery
- Experience of managing resources and budgets related to events and competitions
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to be proactive;
- Ability to work on their own initiative;
- Ability to travel independently and work weekends.
We want to hear from people who can make a positive contribution to our charity and who will bring new ideas and insight.
If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role, then we would like to hear from you. It's an exciting position in a friendly and supportive working environment.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities.