The University of Leicester have an excellent opportunity within their Sports and Active Life department for a Sports Assistant to join the team on a permanent basis. Working as a member of a small team the Sports Assistant contributes to the delivery of the Sport & Active Life service within the Sports Centre and associated facilities.
- Grade 3, £18,614 to £20,092 per annum + shift allowance
- Full Time
- University Of Leicester
- Placed On
- Wed 3rd August, 2022
- 12:00am - Wed 17th August, 2022
- Job Reference
About Sports Assistant
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing both indoor and outdoor sports facilities for either members, sports clubs or external customers depending on the sport whilst ensuring the facilities are kept clean to a desired standard.
- Welcome members in to the facility, control access, provide information and complete general administrative tasks including the booking of all university sports facilities via the dedicated online booking system, monitoring and recording bather loads.
- Implement successfully on a day-to-day basis the operational Health & Safety regime established within the facilities, including carrying out pool and spa water tests and taking water and air temperatures every two hours whilst on poolside and reporting any broken or faulty equipment. Act as first responder to any swimming pool, sauna, steam room and spa pool emergency.
- Successfully work to promote the use of facilities, participation in sport exercise activities to develop sports across the range of facilities on site.
- Collect payments for facilities, classes and membership. Maintain accurate financial records of payments collected.
- Successfully control access by opening and locking up of the facilities to secure, preserve and enhance the Universities sporting assets on site.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of this post
The role does involve some lone working and working outside for limited periods.
To be considered for the Sports Assistant role, you will have 5 GCSEs, grade C or above (or their equivalent qualifications) and experience of working within a customer service environment.
If not currently holding an National Pool Lifeguard Qualification/Lifeguard qualification there will be a requirement for this to be obtained within the first 6 months of appointment. The University of Leicester will fund this training.
It would be advantageous if you had previous experience working within are creational/leisure environment and had a good knowledge of Health and Safety policy and procedures. This role would be suited to an individual who has an enthusiasm and knowledge of the sporting world and fitness.
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Jeff Shields at email@example.com. More information about the post can be found here.