Community Physical Activity, Health and Sport Assistant (Graduate Level)
The Active Together Partnership and Active Charnwood would like to recruit a graduate into a 12-month placement opportunity.
- Charnwood, LE11 2TT
- Contact Name
- Andrew Doodson
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- Grade B (SCP 4-7) £19,264 - £20,444
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Tue 20th September, 2022
- 11:45pm - Fri 30th September, 2022
- Interview Date
- Thu 13th October, 2022
About Community Physical Activity, Health and Sport Assistant (Graduate Level)
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to help support localities to develop and deliver needs-led targeted physical activity, health, and sport opportunities to their communities, whilst gaining on-the-job training.
Key duties will include:
- Providing support for the delivery of local Physical Activity Plans to reduce physical inactivity and raise participation in identified target groups.
- Assisting with the design, development and delivery of sport/health/physical activity programmes that address physical inactivity and health inequalities e.g., community safety, public health, social barriers, and personal motivations.
- Support with the collection and analysis of monitoring and evaluation data and insight to shape programme delivery, measure impact and ensure that objectives are met.
- Support the physical activity and sport sector to rebuild and recover following the effects of the Coronavirus lockdown restrictions on local physical activity levels.
Successful candidates will be employed by Active Charnwood and based with the Charnwood Borough Council's Active Charnwood Team.
The starting salaries ranging from £19,264 to £20,444 (dependent on locality) with additional training opportunities provided.
*To be eligible to apply for the programme, candidates must have completed their academic studies or equivalent training (degree or equivalent level 6 qualification) in the past two academic years, i.e., 2020/21 or 2021/22.
Applications that do not match these criteria will not be considered.
The closing date for the applications is 30th September 2022 midnight with interviews to be held on the 13th October at SportPark, Loughborough University.
Please note that the above roles are subject to confirmation of funding and maybe withdrawn at any time prior to the advertised interview date.
For more information and an application pack please visit.