Performance Swimming Coach
City of Leicester Swimming Club (SC) is seeking a Performance Coach with experience working with age group swimmers at a Regional and National level. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, an excellent communicator and team player.
- Braunstone Leisure Centre, Leicester, LE3 1JF
- Contact Name
- Gill Russell
- Contact Telephone
- City Of Leicester Swimming Club
About Performance Swimming Coach
City of Leicester SC is the Performance Pathway for Leicestershire Swimming. With approximately 100 members the club boasts swimmers competing at and working towards County, Regional, National and Junior International Level. City of Leicester SC has a strong history of producing National champions/medallists, swimmers being selected for British Swimming Junior Teams and placing swimmers on all levels of the Swim England Talent Pathway.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
To act as lead coach for the City of Leicester Regional Squad to develop swimmers to reach a Regional and National level of performance. This will include working with the National Age Group Coach and Head Coach as required to ensure a consistent delivery of the programme.
The postholder will be expected to:
- Put in place individual and squad based coaching plans to ensure the delivery of agreed performance goals
- Plan, and evaluate swimming programmes for individual swimmers within the squad including regular review meetings with each swimmer to discuss performance progress and goals and the submission of relevant information to the Head Coach
- Support the Head Coach and other members of the coaching team as required with delivering coaching sessions for other squads, during holidays and sickness etc
- Coach always to the best of your ability with the club's best interest at heart
- Attend Coaches meetings to discuss the club's progress and new ideas for the future and, as required Club Committee meetings
- Be an ambassador for City of Leicester SC within swimming and positively promote the Leicestershire performance pathway
- Be punctual for all club activities
- Promote team spirit and the City of Leicester programme values: Accountability, Work Ethic and Respect
- Execute club admin duties as required
- Support the delivery of philosophy and performance behaviours, as directed by the Head Coach
City of Leicester SC reserves the right to withdraw this advert and cease the recruitment process if they find a suitable person to fill the role. All applicants must have the right to work in UK.