There is an excellent opportunity in the Sports and Active Life department for a Sports Assistant/Lifeguard to join the team at Leicester University on a permanent basis. Working as a member of a small team, you will contribute to the delivery of the Sport & Active Life service within the Sports Centre and associated facilities.
- Grade 3, £19,955 - £21,197 per annum
- Full Time
- University Of Leicester
- Placed On
- Tue 15th November, 2022
- 12:00am - Sun 27th November, 2022
- Job Reference
- Full time or job share considered
About Sports Assistant/Lifeguard
About the role
Working as a member of a small team the Sports Assistant contributes to the delivery of the Sport & Active Life service within the Sports Centre and associated facilities. Specifically; opening facilities, taking bookings, poolside/Lifeguard duties, monitoring and recording Health and Safety (H&S) and other information (including pool and spa water tests), engaging in cleaning duties, selling and administering memberships, taking court fees and securing facilities at night.
In addition the post holders organises sporting competitions, fixtures and events to develop & extend the sporting offer within the Centre. The role does involve some lone working and working outside for limited periods.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lifeguard supervision for all swimming pool users of the Danielle Brown Sports Centre, including all wet side facilities. They will provide information and deliver a first class customer service experience for all wet side facility users.
- Welcome members in to the facility, control access, provide information and complete general administrative tasks including the booking of all university sports facilities via the dedicated online booking system, monitoring and recording bather loads.
- Implement successfully on a day-to-day basis the operational Health & Safety regime established within the facilities, including carrying out pool and spa water tests and taking water and air temperatures every two hours whilst on poolside and reporting any broken or faulty equipment. Act as first responder to any swimming pool, sauna, steam room and spa pool emergency.
- On a day-to-day basis clean designated activity areas to a required standard
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of this post.
To be considered for this role, you will require a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and experience of working within a customer service environment.
It would be advantageous if you had previous experience working within are creational/leisure environment and had a good knowledge of Health and Safety policy and procedures. This role would be suited to an individual who has an enthusiasm and knowledge of the sporting world and fitness.
You can find out more regarding the person specification by following the apply now link.