Lecturer in Sports Therapy (Physiotherapy Specialism)
Following the growth of Loughborough College's Sport and Exercise Therapy degree provision, the Higher Education Sport Department is actively recruiting a physiotherapist to support the Sports Injury Student Clinic and to assist in the delivery of the Sport and Exercise Therapy Degree.
- Competitive Salary
- Casual Hours
- Loughborough College
- Placed On
- Tue 15th November, 2022
- 12:00am - Tue 29th November, 2022
About Lecturer in Sports Therapy (Physiotherapy Specialism)
Following the growth of Loughborough College's Sport and Exercise Therapy degree provision, the Higher Education Sport Department is actively recruiting a physiotherapist to support their Sports Injury Student Clinic and to assist in the delivery of the Sport and Exercise Therapy Degree.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a progressive, learner focused department that places innovative teaching, learning and assessment at the forefront of their professional practice.
This role is on a sessional basis and can compliment other work commitments candidates may have. The pay is competitive and is subject to negotiation.
- To deliver high quality and challenging learning experiences.
- To lead and devise appropriate assessments and assessment strategies and feedback to students through a variety of formative and summative assessment methods.
- To lead and collaborate with staff in the development of excellent learning materials and programmes of study utilising a range of media.
- To lead on the development and planning of teaching and learning including schemes of work for units, programmes, modules and qualifications as appropriate.
- To undertake curriculum area responsibility duties as designated by the Curriculum Manager.
- To contribute to curriculum planning and development to work with the curriculum areas to develop and coordinate a dynamic and responsive curriculum.
- To play a key role in quality assurance and quality improvement.
- To comply with and develop best practice administrative and quality assurance systems.
- To undertake and deliver appropriate staff development and training, including the maintenance and updating of specialist skills.
- To attend and actively participate in area and department meetings, planning events, open days and recruitment events.
- To modify duties and responsibilities as required to meet new situations, in consultation with the curriculum area leader/manager and college management.
You will have a commitment to student centered learning with teaching and curriculum design, underpinned by scholarly activity, research and/or experience as an applied practitioner.
To be successful you will have a good honours degree in physiotherapy. You will also have a recognised membership within the field of Sports Therapy. For example, the Society of Sports Therapists, Sports Therapy Association, British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers or the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Loughborough College highly value their staff and want them to be proud of working at the College. As such, they offer a wide array of benefits and opportunities to all staff. At the college, you will have the opportunity to: receive heavily discounted membership to their gym, spa suites and salon services, participate in the cycle to work scheme, attend student drama productions, dine in the student restaurant, receive discounted use of their onsite nursery, and the opportunity to regularly socialise with staff in, and across departments, to ensure you fully feel a part of the College.
For informal enquiries, please contact Nick Ashley, Curriculum Manager for HE Sport Nick.Ashley@loucoll.ac.uk