Lecturer in Sport
The SMB Group are looking for a Sports Lecturer with the ability to deliver across the full range of the department's provision (Level 2 – BSc (Hons) Sports Science). You will have a passion for innovation, bringing new ideas and embedding new technologies into the learning environment.
- Brooksby Campus, Melton Mowbray, LE14 2LJ
- Contact Name
- David Jones
- Contact Telephone
- 01664 850850
- Brooksby Melton College
- £27,707.28 - £36,172.26 per annum
- Full Time
- Brooksby Melton College
- Placed On
- Tue 15th November, 2022
- 12:00pm - Mon 28th November, 2022
About Lecturer in Sport
The SMB Group is a highly successful FE college, formed through the merger of Stephenson College and Brooksby Melton College. They are an innovative and highly responsive centre for education and training with campuses in Coalville, Melton Mowbray and Brooksby.
Working as part of the Sports team you will be responsible for the delivery and development of courses. You will possess an excellent knowledge and understanding of Sport and be able to plan and use a range of effective and appropriate teaching and learning techniques.
As well as your relevant experience and current knowledge, you will also be willing to obtain a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent) if you do not already possess one.
For the specific areas of work / programmes outlined in the schedule prepared by the Section head, the lecturer will carry out the following functions and responsibilities:
- Support learners through their programme and the specific qualification aims within.
- Write schemes of work and lesson and review plans.
- To devise and implement a learning and assessment plan for each individual learner.
- To devise and produce materials for use by learners
- To manage the formal assessment process to include maintenance of all assessment records
- Be flexible in the delivery of education and training
- Ensure completion of portfolios, coursework, own work and all other programme related student outputs within the scheduled scheme
- Liaise with all stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver programme
- For work-based delivery aspects of a programme carry out reviews in a timely fashion, which include:
- liaison with employers
- the incorporation of functional skills
- additional learning support arrangements
- the overall assessment plan
- To manage learning programmes and act a Course Leader as required.
- To agree SMART targets with learners and where applicable, employers
- To undertake tutorial and pastoral roles with learners
- Maintain confidentiality rules in respect of the learner and their workplace
- Manage the learner disciplinary and rewards process
- Liaise with Student Support Services, College Information Systems, Employer Liaison Team, ALS and SEND Team as appropriate to the needs of learners
- To maintain a management tracking system for learners in accordance with College guidelines
- To ensure quality assurance systems comply with internal and external standards specifically in relation to:
- External Verification
- internal verification
- review and evaluation