Swimming Teacher (Level 2)
Do you have an ASA/Swim England Level 2 or STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming, and experience of teaching a diverse customer base? Do you have the passion to teach swimming instruction? If so, then join Fusion Lifestyle as a Swimming Teacher, and you will have the opportunity to do what you do best; instil a lifesaving skill, the ability to swim.
- Charnwood Contract, LE11 3HE
- Fusion Lifestyle
About Swimming Teacher (Level 2)
About the role
There is a permanent position with set working hours/days across the Charnwood Contract - Soar Valley Leisure Centre, South Charnwood Leisure Centre and Loughborough Leisure Centre.
There are various hours available (from 1 hour -17 hours) for the right candidate, including additional hours for Private 1-1 Swimming Lessons. There are casual vacancies available too.
These hours are required within the days and hours below;
- Monday 3.30pm to 6pm
- Tuesday 3.30pm to 6.30pm
- Wednesday 11.00am - 12.00pm and 3.30pm to 6pm
- Thursday 3.30pm to 6pm
- Friday 4pm to 7pm
- Saturday 8am-12.30pm
- Sunday 9.30am -12.00pm
People of all abilities and ages are welcome at Fusion centres, and as a Swimming Teacher (level 2) you will run sessions effectively and efficiently, drawing on your knowledge of teaching best practices, and your passion for ensuring students reach their full potential, at every step. You'll need to be flexible and adaptable in your approach to teaching, and your approach to working hours, to suit the needs of the business.
- You'll be responsible for preparing lesson plans and a comprehensive scheme of work that meets the requirements of Swim England Learn to Swim Programme; supervising and mentoring our Assistant Swimming Teachers as required. You also undertake sessions according to the programme timetable, and ensure classes commence and finish at the designated times!
- You'll need the natural ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, putting people at ease, with a real "can-do" attitude; nothing is too much hassle for you!
- You'll comply with the Swim England Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct at all times, and ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion's Safeguarding policy. You'll also be a stickler for Health and Safety procedures and have a firm grasp of the legislature attached to this.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits Fusion offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 22 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then Fusion want to hear from you.