Healthy Lifestyles Coach
Are you passionate about Health & Wellbeing, where you can make a difference and share your passion and inspire others? If you are, then we have just the role for you! We are looking for a Healthy Lifestyles Coach to work with the existing team to support the extension of our inclusive programme of promoting healthy lifestyles, including weight management activities, for learning disabled and autistic adults. The project is commissioned by Public Health. This will be based on a course outline which has been developed using feedback and outcomes from an earlier pilot programme.
- People in Action, The Old Fire Station, Gipton Approach, Leeds, LS9 6NL
- Contact Name
- Leigh-Ann Hays
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- £22,269 annual salary (pro rata) - equivalent £11.42 per hour
- Part Time
- Contract/Temporary (Fixed Contract until 28th June 2023 (subject to future funding review))
- Placed On
- Tue 17th January, 2023
- 12:00pm - Sun 5th February, 2023
- Job Reference
- PIA 01
- Interview Date
- Thu 9th February, 2023
About Healthy Lifestyles Coach
Are you passionate about Health & Wellbeing, where you can make a difference and share your passion and inspire others? If you are, then we have just the role for you!
We are looking for a Healthy Lifestyles Coach to work with the existing team to support the extension of our inclusive programme of promoting healthy lifestyles, including weight management activities, for learning disabled and autistic adults. The project is commissioned by Public Health. This will be based on a course outline which has been developed using feedback and outcomes from an earlier pilot programme.
You will be working with the Project Manager, Project Officer , adults with learning disabilities and other key partners and stakeholders. Key to the success of this role will be inclusive communication skills, behaviour change skills, working in ways that overcome barriers to participation and keeping members committed to achieve their outcome throughout the programme
As the Healthy Lifestyles Coach you will be responsible for welcoming and supporting project participants, co-delivering the sessions and liaising with partners to share the successes and learning
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- Deliver activities and sessions as part of the Healthy Lifestyle Programme; supporting participants to be more active, eat a healthier diet and understand mental wellbeing.
- Support participants to understand the key messages and build healthy habits into their lifestyles.
- Work with external practitioners and delivery partners to ensure sessions are inclusive and accessible to all participants. This could include cooking practitioners and exercise practitioners.
- Support the gathering of qualitative evidence including facilitating focus groups with members, to capture their experiences and to support Public Health's work.
- Work with the participant's "circle of support" to ensure the positive messages learnt are shared with those who can positively support the ongoing behavioural change. This includes parents, carers and health professionals
- Support the Project Officer to complete monitoring evaluation forms, record attendance and other relevant information and submit to the Project Manager in a timely manner
- To use skills to communicate effectively with all members, and ensure an inclusive approach to each person's individual communication skills.
- Adopt an enabling approach with the emphasis on what members can do instead of what they can't do.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team. Someone who has the ambition and drive to get the job done to the best of their ability, along with exceptional communication and organisational skills. This is a busy role; excellent time management, organisational skills and an excellent team player with an inclusive style are key.
The role is currently contracted to the end of June 2023, subject to future extension of funding. We are hoping the successful candidate will be able to start with us in February or the beginning of March 2023.
Working hours: 16 hours per week – Required to work on Wednesdays Thursdays 12:30 – 16:00
(**We will consider applications for reduced hours, minimum of 8 hours)
Salary: £22,269 annual salary (pro rata)- equivalent £11.42 per hour
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 5th February 2023
Interview Dates: Thursday 9th February 2023. Interviews will be held via ZOOM.
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- 25 days' Annual Leave entitlement, plus statutory holidays
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Works Mobile Phone
- Free on-site parking
If you share our core values of Person Centred, Inclusive, Empowering and Quality and have a belief and commitment that people with learning disabilities and autistic people should be able to lead their best lives, with support as needed, we would love you to join us. It's a busy role – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give individuals a safer, healthier and independent life.
If you have any questions about the role please contact our Healthy Lifestyles Project Manager, Pesha Thornton or our Operations Manager, Danielle Martin on 0113 244 372 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All completed applications should be sent to our HR Officer Leigh-Ann Hays via her email address. firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Equality Statement
We recognise institutional racism exists and that racial inequality is present in our society. As an organisation, we are committed to challenging racism and to remove barriers and practices which contribute to these inequalities. People in Action has a zero-tolerance ap
recruitment-forms.zip (Zip Archive, 497.9 Kb)
job-description-healthy-lifestyles-coach-feb-2023-final.doc (MS Word, 425 Kb)