Assistant Sports Development Officer x 2
To support the Sports Development Manager and Sports Development Officer with the successful delivery of programmes and initiatives linked to the Active Together Partnership Physical Activity Framework. This will include co-ordination/administration of programmes, initiatives and events, marketing and communication, monitoring and evaluation and relationship management.
- Sportpark at Loughborough University/hybrid home working policy, LE11 3QF
- Contact Name
- Jo Spokes
- Contact Email
- Active Together
- Grade 8: £24,501 - £26,850 per annum
- Full Time
- Contract/Temporary (Fixed term (24 months subject to annual funding) 37 hours per week.)
- Active Together
- Placed On
- Fri 19th May, 2023
- 11:45pm - Sun 4th June, 2023
- Interview Date
- Mon 19th June, 2023
About Assistant Sports Development Officer x 2
Examples of projects (although not a definitive list):
- Universal and targeted programmes to raise physical activity in low participating groups and settings across the life-course eg. Older People Programmes (Steady Steps, Golden Games), Children & Young People Programmes, School Games, Team Leicestershire), Early Years Programmes (Fundamental Movement, Activity Cards).
- Programmes to raise the awareness of health and wellbeing benefits of physical activity to professionals, settings and communities eg. Annual Conference, Network meetings, Programme Resource Development, Programme Specific Newsletters, CPD Training, Online Portals.
- Local and National Physical Activity Campaigns to reduce inactivity and increase participation eg. Let's Get Moving, CMO Guidelines.
- Programmes to support access to physical activity facilities within communities eg. Opening Schools Facilities, Blue & Green Social Prescribing, Active Travel
- Encouraging people to take responsibility for embedding physical activity into their daily lives eg. digital physical activity resources.
To apply for this post you must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- Education to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in a relevant area, or equivalent level of experience in the areas associated to the role
- Experience and/or significant interest in sport, physical activity, health & wellbeing, and/or community development
- Experience successfully supporting the planning and delivery of programmes, projects, interventions and/or initiatives
- Good organisational, planning and presentation skills, able to write updates/reports, and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office ie. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Can communicate effectively both internally with colleagues and externally with a variety of local, regional and national partners, stakeholders and community groups and organisations
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Awareness of the wider issues/barriers related to sport, physical activity, and health & wellbeing.
Interview Date: Monday, 19th June 2023 at SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF.
For further information and details on how to apply please click on the links below.
working-for-active-together-benefits.pdf (PDF, 100.3 Kb)
final-jd-pspec-assistant-sdo-(may-23).pdf (PDF, 224.6 Kb)