Posted: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:30
Sport Relief is back, from Friday 21st March to Sunday 23rd March, and now bigger than ever with the Sport Relief Games! More than 60,000 people have now chosen their event at the Sainsbury's Sport Relief Games. Join them and join the fun at one of over 1,000 running, swimming and cycling events taking place across the UK.
There are hundreds of Miles taking place up and down the country on Sunday 23rd March, with 11 taking place right here in Leicestershire and Rutland! It's a great, fun, family day out with a choice of distances to suit all abilities. You don't even have to run it, you can walk, hop, skip…it's entirely up to you!
- The Loughborough Mile (Market Place, Loughborough)
8.30am – 11.30am
- The Leicester Racecourse Mile (Leicester Racecourse) 1.30pm -5.30pm
- The Market Harborough Mile (Welland Park)
10.30am – 2pm
- The Hinckley & Bosworth Mile (Hinckley Rugby Club)
9am – 1pm
- The Markfield Magic Mile (Markfield Community & Sports Centre)
12.30pm – 4.30pm
- The Fleckney Mile (Fleckney Sports Centre) 9am – 1pm
- The Broughton Astley Recci Mile Frolesworth Road Recreation Ground) 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- The Leicester Forest RFC Mile (Leicester Forest RFC) 1.30pm – 5.30pm
- The Hermitage Mile (Hermitage Leisure Centre)
9am – 1pm
- The Melton Mile (Melton Country Park)
10am – 1pm
- The Rutland Water Mile (Rutland Water Nature Reserve)
9.15am – 2pm
Participants at three of the Leicester-Shire & Rutland Miles can take inspiration from an Olympian starting their race! Paralympian Sam Ruddock at the Market Harborough Mile, the Loughborough Mile will have swimmer Amy Smith, whilst athlete Kate Dennison will be cheering on those at the Leicester Racecourse Mile.
For more information visit www.lrsport.org/sportrelief