Posted: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 13:24
As part of British Gymnastics' I'M IN Disability Programme, a series of upcoming events have been announced, aiming to create more participation opportunities for more disabled people in gymnastics.
The I'M IN Programme has been running for a year and British Gymnastics now have 13 experienced and knowledgeable Disability Hub Clubs on board. These Hub Clubs have been recognised for the great work that they do delivering and promoting Disability Gymnastics, and are keen to offer even more opportunities for even more disabled people. Each of the Disability Hub Clubs will plan and deliver a programme of Participant events, including the following:
- I'M IN Taster – an opportunity to try the different disciplines & activities that gymnastics has to offer
- I'M IN Festival – for those new to gymnastics to learn new skills & perform with friends
- I'M IN Competition – for disabled people who have recently started gymnastics in an I'M IN Club
All events are free to attend!
In addition to the Hub Clubs, British Gymnastics will run a number of events to support clubs to become more inclusive and to deliver quality gymnastics opportunities for disabled people, such as:
- I'M IN Coaching Clinics
- Disability Gymnastics Add-on Modules
Hinckley Gymnastics Club, The East Midlands Hub Club will be hosting four Disability Gymnastics Events:
- Saturday 18th October, 2-5pm for 11-17 year olds
- Saturday 29th November, 2-5pm for 18+ year olds
- Saturday 15th November, 2-5pm
- Saturday 13th December, 2-6pm