Posted: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:00
Just adding small chunks of activity throughout the day can all add up; switching the lift for the stairs, walking to work, challenging the boss to a table tennis rally or taking part in a Midday Mile. So together let's make every minute count. Some ideas for everyone to fit even with the busiest of schedules!
- Go for a mid-morning ten minute walk and then again in the afternoon!
- Book out a meeting room for a quick high intensity work out with your colleagues at lunchtime
- Schedule in a Deskercise session to everyone's calendar to do some stretches at their desks for ten minutes.
- Do a stair workout at lunchtime- run and jump up and down the stairs in your building.
- Play a game of table tennis in the office if your concentration is starting to slip.
- Avoid the lift! Take the stairs and put up signs as reminders to do so.
- Start a lunchtime jogging group and plan a jogging route.
Fit in your ten minutes of exercise however you can - they will all add up!
If you haven't already, sign up to the Workplace Challenge. Remember to log your points to track your progress (You can back log your activity)!
Source: (Workplace Challenge, 2017)