Posted: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 14:00
Friday 27th April 2018 | 8:00am-2:00m | King Power Stadium, Leicester
The Conference is aimed at Head Teachers, Pastoral / PSHE Leads and those with a strategic lead around PE, school sport, physical activity and health & wellbeing.
It will use the 8 Principles of the Whole School Approach as its theme, to share strategic and practical ways that your school can use to improve the health & wellbeing of your pupils and in turn demonstrate additional whole school outcomes.
The Conference includes a Keynote Address from Mary Hinton from Young Minds. Mary joined Young Minds in 2014 and led a project in Bedford developing the Academic Resilience Approach with a group of 11 schools as part of the Borough's Well Being Strategy. This included setting up a Community of Practice for a collaborative of schools and supporting them to build resilience across whole school populations and structures.
Workshop Topics include:
- Route to Resilliance
- Who needs to change when developing and delivering a whole school approach?
- Impact of health & wellbeing Projects
- Developing health & wellbeing interventions to engage less active girls/boys
- Embedding learning outside the classroom
- Staff Health and Wellbeing
- Active Travel
- Mental Health First Aid for Schools
For more information and how to book, please view the attached Conference Information Pack or click on the link provided.