Posted: Thu, 27 May 2021 15:36
Team Whizz-Kidz still have some places available for the Virgin Money London Marathon on October 3rd 2021, and would love to see some Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport followers getting involved and joining the team!
Whizz Kidz works hard to transform the lives of wheelchair users across the UK, supporting them to become confident and independent young adults, and right now they need your help. By choosing to run the legendary London Marathon with the charity, you'll have the opportunity to take in some of the most famous landmarks in the city, be cheered on by four of the loudest cheer points on race day and help change the lives of the young people Whizz Kidz supports.
As a Whizz-Kidz charity place runner in the physical marathon your minimum pledge is £2000 with a £100 registration fee.
We know that training and running the London Marathon is a big challenge to undertake and their dedicated Events team will be with you every step of the journey.
Top 5 reasons to join Team Whizz-Kidz:
- You'll receive a unique London Skyline marathon running vest
- You'll gain access to the online London Marathon Training Hub and Team Coach
- Training days leading up to the event
- A Post-Race Reception with a free meal and massage
- Access to the private Team Whizz-Kidz Facebook group with past and present Whizz-Kidz runners to share their first hand knowledge with you!
To sign up or learn more about getting involved with the 2021 London Marathon, click the more information button.
(Image & text: credit Team Whizz Kidz)
More information: https://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/supporters/events/london-marathon-2021