Posted: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 15:05
The South Charnwood School Sport and Physical Activity Network have launched the Family Walking Challenge, which began on Monday 10th January and will end on Wednesday 9th February 2022.
Did you know that all children aged 5-18 should aim to be physically active for an average of 60 minutes every single day?
Walking is a great way to support both the physical and mental wellbeing of you and your children.
Also, by taking part and representing your child's school you can increase their chances of winning prizes.
1. Register an account as an adult by clicking here. Make sure you link your account to your child's school. Once registered, you will be part of the South Charnwood Community.
2. Click here to join the Family Walking Challenge
3. Download the 'Virtual Together' App from the iPhone app store or Google Play store to keep track of your total miles covered the challenge
What do I need in order to take part?
- A smart device that supports one of the following platforms: Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, Apple Health or Google Fit
- Link your device to your account when registering and your distances will be automatically uploaded Further information on how the trackers work can be found here.
Who can take part?
- All family members
School Prizes available
1 x £50.00 voucher to spend on sports equipment
2 x £25.00 vouchers to spend on sports equipment
Each active participant = 1 prize draw entry for the school you're representing
Click the PDF below to virtually register your school via the QR code.