Posted: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:26
Community businesses continue to plug the gap in growing local support needs, whilst they grapple with high costs of doing business, heating and powering their buildings.
To support this vital work Power to Change have launched a new programme of bespoke advice for the sector.
Community businesses can now access a multitude of useful resources and webinars to deepen their knowledge of energy efficiency, sustainability and community action via the Centre for Sustainable Energy.
The Resilient Communities Fund, funded by Power to Change, offers tools to perform an energy survey, practical advice on improving energy efficiency, fuel poverty awareness and guidance for low and no cost improvements that can be made to community buildings.
- Do a walk-around energy survey of your community building: this easy-to use tool can help you to gain key insights about your building and ideas for improving its energy efficiency.
- Find out how you can improve the energy efficiency of your community building: this guidance offers practical advice to help you do your walk-around energy survey and take action to improve the efficiency of your building.
- Find Funding for your Community Project or Building.
- Explore our Funding Opportunities for Charities and Community Groups spreadsheet.
- Explore appropriate measures for your heritage building: do you have a heritage building? Fear not! There are a lot of resources out there to support you to explore appropriate energy efficiency, renewable and low carbon options for your building: CSE's Love your Old Home workbook and the Sustainable Traditional Building Alliance's guidance wheel.