Level 5 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education Specialism Course
Unfortunately the course is cancelled for 2023/24, hopefully applications will open again in 2024 for 2024/25.
At Active Together (formerly known as Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport) we are committed to supporting our primary schools with the continued professional development of their staff, to ensure the delivery of high quality PE, school sport and physical activity for all pupils in all schools.
To date, we have successfully trained over 120 primary teachers and support staff and we are committed to ensuring we have a PE specialist in every school across Leicestershire, Leicester, and Rutland.
With the recent Government announcement that the PE and School Sport Premium Funding has been confirmed for the next two years, we feel this is a perfect opportunity to consider the long-term sustainability of your PE and School Sport offer in your school, focusing on training qualified core teachers in this specialism.
This course requires five days of tutor delivery, followed by individual work back at School and in delegates own time. The first four days are taught in an intensive format, over two consecutive weeks, with the final day later in the academic year.
What’s involved? How will this year’s course run?
- Average learning time: 141 hours which includes 45 tutored guided learning hours and 96 independent learning hours.
- This includes the completion of individual learning tasks and to do this it is important that there is support from the school's Senior Management Team to enable the delegate to complete all aspects of the course.
- Additional individual 1-1 feedback / support sessions as required.
- Course assessment will be carried out through formal written assignments, group-based tasks and group discussion.
- During the course, a senior leader at your school will be required to undertake a formal observation of your PE teaching.
- Delegates will be asked to carry out significant work in their own time, however additional release time within school may be needed for some of the tasks.
The course is now closed for applications.
For more information contact:
I am currently remote working, so please contact me via email/mobile phone (where provided).
My areas of responsibility are:
- Supporting Children & Young People
- Primary Sport Premium Advisor
- School Sport & Physical Activity Network (SSPAN) Development
- Strategic Management & Business Planning
- 01509 467489