The Twilight Games is a free programme of adapted sports for residents in care settings with the objective of enhancing the resident's day to day life through increased mobility, coordination, mental health, wellbeing and increased social interaction.
To do this, a programme of adapted activities has been devised to accommodate for the range of abilities and levels of mobility amongst the residents. This also includes how the activities will help to support physical and mental coordination and increased mobility through exercise.
Why take part?
- Residents enjoying physical activity
- Residents enjoying social interaction and increases mental wellbeing
- Increases motivation to participate in the activities
- Increases vitality from being less sedentary
- Revises memories of being involved in sports in earlier years
- Promotes conversations with visitors as to what they have been doing
- Increases interaction between staff and residents
- Upskills the workforce through staff training
Any local Care Home or Care Setting can sign up to be part of the Twilight Games, please do so using the link below. Once you have signed up for the Twilight Games, you will then receive:
- A Twilight Games kit bag, with the equipment you need to be able to play the games*
- Exclusive access to a range of videos, which details how to play the games and the different ways you can adapt the games for your residents. Also included are Seated Exercise videos instructing you on how to deliver this to your residents.
* Please note there is only a limited number of kit bags available.
Settings involved in Twilight Games
Park Manor Care Home, Coalville
Ayeesha Raj Care, Loughborough
Kibworth Knoll, Leicester
Westview Residential Home, Leicester
The Chestnuts, Coalville
Rushcliffe Care Group, Loughborough
Ronald West Court, Loughborough
Sir Robert Martin Court, Loughborough
The Priory Group
Leonard Cheshire, Loughborough
Hood Court, Ashby
Central Court, Coalville
Fairfield Court, Coalville
Wakefield Court, Castle Donington
St Marys Court, Coalville
Parkview and Church Lane, Coalville
Linford and Verdon Crescent, Coalville
Howe Court, Coalville
Radfield Care Home, Loughborough
Charnwood Lodge, Loughborough
How to get involved
For more information please read through the Twilight Games Information Pack attached, sign up using the link provided or please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Seated Exercise Videos
A core strength seated exercise session aiming to improve balance and reduce back pain.
Stretch & Mobilise
A stretch and mobilise seated exercise session aimed at stretching and lengthening muscles with a focus on controlled breathing.
A leg strength seated exercise session aimed at leg conditioning, helping individuals who have difficulty with walking up the stairs and walking.
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Sports Development Officer
I am working flexibly in the office or at home, therefore please contact me via email or phone number provided.
My areas of responsibility are:
- Twilight Games
- Targeted Physical Activity Programme Support