Active Together are here to make physical activity and sport more accessible and part of our everyday lives.
Use this spilt-screen landing page to help you on your journey to view either our…
Public Section – Let's Get Moving
Which aims to help the people of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland get moving a little more, in their own way.
Partner Section – Supporting and Enabling Physical Activity & Sport
Which aims to help organisations and individuals support more people to be active and move more.
Getting active is a way to improve your physical health and mental wellbeing. Physical activity for you might be participating in sport or doing the Couch to 5K. But it might also be a brisk walk with the dog, visiting parks or woodland with family, or doing gentle exercises in your living room. It can support weight management, muscle strengthening, and improve health conditions.
Research shows the benefits of physical activity can help prevent or manage many common health conditions. Exercising helps keep symptoms under control and prevents additional conditions from developing.
Active Together is here to support you get active - in your own way.
Three ways to get moving
- Getting out in the fresh air for a walk, run, or cycle is a good way to improve physical health and mental wellbeing. Our directory of parks, woodlands and open spaces sets out what's available on your doorstep.
- Building physical activity into your daily routine can help you feel good and stay healthy. Active Together can help with hints, tips and advice on getting moving at home and at work. Our Active By Age section explains more.
- Perhaps you want to combine physical activity with meeting new people? Maybe you want a social aspect as you achieve your goals? Use our Get Active search engine to find local venues, organisations and clubs for everything from aerobics to Zumba.
If you live, work or study in our area
The Let's Get Moving section above has information and suggestions for how you can get moving a little more - in your own way
- Wellbeing at work
- Simple activities at home
- Walking, running and cycling
- Local clubs and groups
- Leisure centres
- Parks, playgrounds and open spaces
If you or your organisation helps others get active
Our Partner Section offers support, opportunities and information for sports clubs, trainers, coaches, community groups, businesses and other partners.
- Job finder
- Courses, workshops and training
- Business support
- Funding information
- Working with children and young people
- Insight, guidance and resources