Derby County Community Trust has an exciting opportunity for motivated and passionate individual to join the Education and Employability team as Employability Lead. Further details about the role and how to apply can be found by clicking the ‘apply now’ button below. Please note, all applicants must complete an application form by the closing date of Sunday 01 August 2021.
- Derby County Community Trust
- Full Time
- Derby County Community Trust
- Placed On
- Tue 13th July, 2021
- 12:00am - Sun 1st August, 2021
About Employability Lead
Derby County Community Trust has an exciting opportunity for motivated and passionate individual to join the Education and Employability team as Employability Lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the Traineeship Programme and other employability scheme. Previous experience working in a team environment and with young people and adults is essential to the role.
Demonstrable experience of building and developing meaningful partnerships and relationships will assist with opportunities to network with external organisations and partners to identify and secure employability opportunities across Derbyshire.
The role will provide the opportunity to lead on the development of delivery to fulfil requirements, including training, qualifications, and new initiatives. Also, the ensure the employability provision is reviewed and developed, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing an Employability Working Group.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of the Employability/Traineeship programme for 16-24 year olds and 25+, including but not limited to Functional Skills maths and English, work preparation, work placement and personal development.
- Define employability provision aligned to; capacity, needs, geographical coverage, contractual requirements, and budgets.
- Work with partners on delivery of employability, with planning, forecasting, reporting, and reviewing of provision.
- Help recruit learners where applicable for each programme at open days/promotional events/recruitment fairs/external agency referrals in line with documented and budgeted KPI figures.
- Support employability hub sites with the planned delivery of employability programmes including marketing of the programmes and building a network of referrals.
- Support with managing sub contracted and partner delivery arrangements.
- Support with devising toolkits and supporting documentation to ensure the effective delivery of employability programmes.
- Coordinate all employability opportunities within DCCT to maximise overall effectiveness and maximise funder relationships.
- Monitor potential safeguarding risks and work with the designated Welfare officer through the correct policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Education and Employability Manager on quality assurance activities in relation to employability delivery, including seeking user/stakeholder involvement and feedback to enhance the impact and quality of provision.
- Ensure compliance with all operating guidance and health and safety requirements in the planning and delivery of employability provision.
- Lead on internal communication and reporting to engage and enthuse staff in shaping and delivering effective employability provision.
- Support development of a Management System to support programme management and enable reporting on impact to a range of audiences.
- Lead on DCCT position regarding employment, keeping up to date with current trends in the employability arena, including policy and practice in unemployment and young people/adults facing multiple barriers to progression.
- Ability to support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image.
- Collect, drive and return the minibus (9-seater to 17 seater – pending age and licence specification) where applicable.
Personal Characteristics and Experience
- Full UK Driving License with access to suitable vehicle
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including participants, referral agencies/partners, delivery partners/providers and funders.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational /planning skills.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice, Voluntary and Statutory sectors across the UK including policy and practice developments in the employability arena.
- Proven experience of working with people experiencing disadvantage, challenging life circumstances and complex barriers to progression, recognising the issues that affect them, and delivering personal development work.
- Proven project management expertise and experience of successfully delivering complex projects.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise, and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Enhanced DBS CRB Check
- First Aid Qualifications/BFAS
- Safeguarding training
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of Football in the Community and Derby County Football Club
- Relevant qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Teaching qualification / training at post 16 level
- Youth work or equivalent qualification
- D1 Driving License
- Experience of development management, mentoring, coaching and directing staff and supporting staff development.
- Experience in networking effectively and supporting multi-partner programmes
- Experience in fundraising and bid writing.
The role is full time and fixed term for 12 months.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website https://www.derbycountycommunitytrust.com/employment/. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without an accompanying application form.
Completed application forms and tasks should be sent by email to email@example.com or via post to;
The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 01 August 2021.
As part of the Trust's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that they will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check (CRC) as part of the recruitment process.
Derby County Community Trust is an Inclusive Trust for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.