Physical Activity & Health Officer (Active Choices)
Derby County Community Trust has a clear mission. We harness the power of Derby County Football Club to improve lives and communities through sport, physical activity, health and education. We help more than 25,000 people per year and our work is recognised and respected at regional and national levels. Since 2008 we have been encouraging participation and achievement in sport, improving health and wellbeing, providing and enhancing education and promoting equality and diversity. We care about our community; we care about our people.
- Pride Park, DE24 8BX
- Contact Name
- Lisa Anderson
- Contact Email
- £19,760 to £21,320 per annum
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 23rd June, 2022
- 11:30pm - Thu 7th July, 2022
About Physical Activity & Health Officer (Active Choices)
We are now seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join our Health department working within our Active Choices programme. Active Choices is a programme integrating physical activity, healthy lifestyle support and motivational interview into mainstream treatment services to improve health outcomes for substance misusing individuals, ex-offenders and their families.
With demonstrable experience of working within this field, an understanding of substance misuse services and an ability to deliver a high quality, person-centred service provision, you will work on a 1:1 and group basis with ex-substance misusing individuals to deliver tailor made interventions to support recovery.
You will possess an understanding of how sports and physical activity can have a positive impact on individuals, together with an empathetic approach to inspire and motivate individuals towards behavioural change. This role is a real opportunity to make a difference and we would love to hear from you.
In return we can offer:
- Excellent CPD, training & development opportunities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance helpline
- Cash health plan
- Death in service benefit (3x salary)
- Free access to Derby County Community Trust Health & Fitness Sessions
- 2 complimentary DCFC season tickets
- 20% discount at DCFC Megastore
- 28 days' leave (including bank holidays), increasing by 1 day for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 33 days (including bank holidays)
- Annual Christmas shutdown (no annual leave required)
This role is to be offered on a 12 month fixed term basis.