Steps4HealthDid you know as little as 10 minutes of brisk walking daily can increase life expectancy by several years?
Steps4Health is a free online programme for anyone over 18 wanting to become more active or anyone living with a long-term health condition such as obesity or diabetes. Steps4Health provides a personalised physical activity programme and ongoing support to help improve your health by becoming more active.
- A personalised physical activity programme tailored to your fitness and mobility level
- Our walking programme will help you increase your steps gradually for health benefits
- Our online exercise sessions cater to all abilities, from seated workouts to full-body exercises. These sessions are available on demand for use at a time that suits you
- Track daily activity including walking, sitting, workouts, and sleep
- Set daily activity goals and notifications that fit to your ability and lifestyle
- Direct access to the physical activity experts from the Leicester Diabetes Centre
- Competitions, challenges, and award notifications to keep you motivated on your fitness journey.
- Interactive content about getting and staying active
How does Steps4Health work?
Steps4Health allows you to connect with your Fitbit, mobile phone or other activity monitors via Google Fit. You can also use Steps4Health without an activity monitor.
Steps4Health will ask questions about your mobility and activity levels before generating an activity plan that is appropriate for you.
Additionally, you can access interactive learning sessions about your daily activities and booster sessions to learn more about staying active while managing a health condition.
How can I sign up?
Sign up for FREE using the link below. Make sure you enter 'Let's Get Moving' when promoted for your unique code to ensure FREE access!
Steps4Health has been developed by the Leicester Lifestyle and Health Research Group at the Leicester Diabetes Centre (LDC), at Leicester General Hospital.