Share your story to help others to become more active!
Desktop: Do you wish to view this page or the online application form in a different language? Please use the 'Translate' option at the top of the website to do this.
Active Together works with local organisations to help the people of Leicestershire, Leicester, and Rutland (LLR) to get moving a little more. We, along with our partners, are here to support our residents on their journey to being healthier and happier by moving more in their own way.
To help us inspire the communities of LLR to get active, we recruited volunteer Champions, who have been the face of our programme, and who help us to share the message far and wide that moving more is good for you.
We would now like to seek more individuals and groups who would like to join us to share their stories and become 'Let's Get Moving Champions'.
There are so many ways to move more and be active and we are looking for those who do this in their everyday lives...
- People living with long term health conditions who help to manage their condition by being active
- Be it walking the children to school
- An older person who enjoys getting active to improve their physical and mental health
- Voluntary work
- A disabled person who would like to share their story about overcoming barriers to physical activity and sport
- Playing with the grandchildren
- People living with a mental health problem who feel that they benefit from getting active and would like to inspire others
- Gardening at home or a local allotment
- People facing barriers to physical activity - for example access to leisure facilities, cost of activity, equipment or confidence to get started
- Cycling or walking with friends and/or family
- Helping someone to walk their dog - the list is endless!
We'd also like to hear from those who have started a new activity such as running, perhaps a Couch to 5K or something which will support a health condition/recovery from illness; or, making the most of the brighter lighter days to get out in the fresh air.
To help spread the positive messages of being active as far as possible, Champions of all ages, from all backgrounds and cultures, and all abilities are needed as well as families, groups and clubs.
We are also looking for families & community groups
This isn't just for individuals but can be done as a group or family.
Community clubs can play their part too by promoting the benefits of their activities such as the social aspect along with being active. There is no age limit to this as we are looking to reflect all age groups who can inspire others to get moving.
Criteria & Role Expectation:
- Applicants under 16 years will need the consent of their parent/guardian.
- Live, work or attend a physical activity/sport group/club in Leicestershire, Leicester City, or Rutland
- Share your story and motivations on being active along with an image and be happy for this to be shared.
- Update us every couple of months on how you are getting on.
- Be willing to share information/social media posts from us to help us reach our communities.
Interested? Take a look at the Information Pack and the Application Form is below should you wish to apply...
Alternatively if you would like to speak to someone, please ring us on 01509 467500 and someone will get back to you.
The Information Pack provides further information on the Let's Get Moving Champions Programme, including the full role criteria and expectations.
Application Form - Microsoft Word Version
Use this version if you would prefer to print out the application form or complete it in Microsoft Word, and send it to us (via email or post).
Application Form - Online Form
For more information or if you require any document/form in an alternative format or language, please contact:
Assistant Marketing & Communications Officer
I am working flexibly in the office or at home, therefore please contact me via email or phone number provided.
My areas of responsibility are:
- Programme, Website, Social Media & E-Comms Support
- Let's Get Moving
Favourite Sporting Moment – Didier Drogba's winning penalty in the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich in 2012.
Favourite Quote/Moment – "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" – Babe Ruth
- 01509 467478