If you are not as active as you would like to be, but don't know how to start, the Activity Alliance has a guide to help you find ways to be active.
Take a look at the guide attached below, to see how you can get started. It is for everyone with lived experience of disability or health conditions.
Throughout Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland there are various opportunities for people with disabilities to access community opportunities.
Below are a list of Club Finder providers, for anyone with an interest in getting active or taking up disability sport. You might be interested in taking part in regular activity or you may dream of representing your country!
We are here to help you find a range of opportunities to take part in sport and physical activity in your local area.
Use our Get Active Search Engine below to find local disability clubs, sessions, venues and events near you! You can also contact your local Physical Activity, Sport & Health Team too. Ellesmere College have also pulled together a listing of Inclusive Sport/Physical Activity Clubs locally.
Get Active Search Engine - Disability Clubs/Sessions
Additional Club, Session and Facility Finders
- Archery GB Club finder links to provisions with disability
- British Blind Sport Catering for many disability events across the UK
- British Cycling Club finder includes disability cyclists in more filters
- British Gymnastics Clubs provide activity around physical, sensory and learning requirements
- British Judo (Disability Judo) Includes clubs supporting disability participation
- DisabledGo Search for accessible places to go
- England Boxing Vault Clubs can be filtered by disabled facilities and sessions
- English Federation of Disabled Sport Find training opportunities and events relating to disability requirements
- Find an Inclusive Gym Enderby Leisure and Golf Centre
- Get into Golf Inclusive club finder welcomes disabled people into their existing activity or run disability specific golfing activity
- Inclusive (Disability) Football Leicestershire & Rutland County FA
- Mencap Local Groups Search for a local Mencap Group
- Parasport powered by Toyota Find a club, activity or event
- Tennis Foundation Interactive map to find your nearest tennis session that caters for people who have a disability
- Useful Links If you aren't able to find the information you are looking for please use this which takes you to the contacts for specific disability sport organisation