We are here to support local clubs, groups, organisations and venues promote themselves and the activity sessions and opportunities they have available.
By creating a free profile for your club/organisation/venue on our website, you can add and promote your opportunities through our:
What is the Get Active Search Engine?
Our Get Active Search Engine is a free platform to help physical activity, sport and wellbeing providers promote their opportunities to new and existing participants.
Despite the lockdown restrictions, it was accessed by over 43,000 users from April 2020-March 2021 and is also promoted by our Local Authority's Physical Activity & Health Teams and we are driving people to it through our Active Together campaign.
Once your organisation is added and approved, your information and your activity sessions will then feature within the 'Get Active Search Engine', so when a user searches for the relevant activity near to your location, your organisation and activity sessions will be shown to them. It will also feature within the overall Club/Organisation/Venue Directory and our A-Z of Sport & Physical Activity.
What information can I add?
You can add a current logo, contact details, website and social media links and generic information about your club/organisation/venue. You can also add the sport/activity sessions you provide, including and live or virtual classes, so users can see what you have on offer!
The Get Active Search Engine enables activity session information to remain live and dynamic, meaning your latest and upcoming session dates will be displayed and old dates removed automatically.
Who can add information to the Get Active Search Engine?
Anyone linked to a local club/group/organisation, community centres, gym/fitness centres, Leisure Centre, business, charity, park/open space/outdoor gym or sports facility.
You just need to log-in to our website (reset your password or sign-up for a free account).
How do I add my club/organisation/venue as a profile on your website?
- Visit www.active-together.org/directory and use the search function down the left-hand side to find your club/organisation/venue to firstly check whether it is already on our website.
Yes, my club/organisation/venue is already there, what next?
- Click on your club/organisation/venue and then 'Link to this Organisation'. You'll need to log-in to our website (you can reset your password or sign-up for a free account).
- In the Club/Organisation Membership area, select what your relationship/role is to the Club and select 'Yes' to 'Would you like to maintain this profile'.
- We will receive a notification of this and approve you shortly.
- Once approved, your club/organisation/venue will then be listed in the 'My Clubs & Organisations' area of your Dashboard (top right of website once logged in) for you to edit the profile and give it an update.
- Click 'Manage' and here you will be able to add details of your specific sport, physical activity and wellbeing activity sessions (including any live or virtual classes) for users to find and get involved in! You can also promote events, volunteering opportunities and job (see below for more information).
No, I can't find my club/organisation/venue, how do I add it?
- When on www.active-together.org/directory. You can add your club/organisation/venue and become an Admin by selecting the 'Sign-Up & Add your Organisation' button.
- You'll then need to log-in to our website (you can reset your password or sign-up for a free account).
- Go to 'Dashboard' (top right of website once logged in) then select 'Add clubs & organisations' / 'My clubs & organisations'
- Click 'Add new organisation' and enter the details of your club/organisation/venue. Once your application has been approved by us, you will be notified via email.
- Your club/organisation/venue will then be listed in the 'My Clubs & Organisations' area of your Dashboard for you to edit the profile.
- Click 'Manage' and here you will be able to add details of your specific sport, physical activity and wellbeing activity sessions (including any live or virtual classes) for users to find and get involved in! for users to find and get involved in! You can also promote events, volunteering opportunities and job (see below for more information).
What else can I promote?
As well as promoting your club/organisation/venue and activity sessions on our website you can also add/promote:
- Events such as an open day, fun run or course, which will feature within our Events section.
- Volunteering opportunity, if you require help at your club/organisation or venue and which will feature within our Volunteering Opportunities section.
- Job opportunity, which will feature within our Job Finder.
This can all be added through the 'Manage' section within 'My Clubs & Organisations'.
If you require any further support, please contact:
Marketing & Communications Officer
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
I am currently remote working, so please contact me via email/mobile phone (where provided).
Please note that my working days are Tuesday-Thursday.
My areas of responsibility are:
- Websites and Social Media Management
- Branding and PR
- 01509 564860