We are committed to supporting schools to deliver a high quality PE, school sport, physical activity and health and wellbeing offer for all children & young people.
Alongside our School Sport & Physical Activity Networks (SSPANs), we offer advice and support on;
- How to deliver against a Whole School Approach to PE, school sport, physical activity and health & wellbeing
- Undertaking the Children & Young People Active Lives Survey to ensure delivery is based on pupil voice and need
- Achieving Healthy Schools status
- Sharing national and local best practice and case studies between schools
- Use of Primary PE & Sport Premium funding
- Developing the workforce through Level 4 & Level 5 Specialism courses and Apprentices
- Delivering interventions and programmes, including; Daily Boost, School Games, Team Leicestershire
This aims to ensure that all of our young people have access to a variety of opportunities in PE, school sport and physical activity and improve their health and wellbeing. Whilst supporting the recommended physical activity target for children and young people of at least an hour of physical activity every day, of which 30 minutes of their daily target can and should be achieved at school.
If your School requires further support or information on the Whole School Approach, or you would like to receive our dedicated Newsletters specifically for Primary and Secondary Schools, please contact us (details at the bottom of this page).
For more information please contact:
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
Sports Development Manager
I am currently remote working, so please contact me via email/mobile phone (where provided).
My areas of responsibility are:
- Active Schools
- Primary Sport Premium Advisor
- School Sport & Physical Activity Network (SSPAN) Development
- Strategic Management & Business Planning
- Oadby & Wigston Link Officer