Active Together, working with Leicestershire County Council are coordinating the Department for Education funded Holiday Activities & Food Programme (HAF), known as 'Holidays Together', across Leicestershire in 2022.
Holidays Together is specifically targeted to offer holiday activities to school aged children (5 to 16 years) who are eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals. The aim is that the children who attend the provision will be supported:
- to eat more healthily over the school holidays;
- to be more active during the school holidays;
- to take part in engaging and enriching activities;
- to be safe and not to be socially isolated;
- to have greater knowledge of health and nutrition; and
- to be more engaged with school and other local services.
Leicestershire County Council have been allocated up to £1.5 million for delivery of holiday clubs in the 2022 Easter, Summer and Christmas school holidays and will work with partners to co-ordinate the delivery of the equivalent of 6 weeks' holiday provision to eligible children.
Leicestershire County Council will be awarding funding to Leicestershire schools, charity, voluntary and community sector organisations and other out of school and holiday activity organisations to deliver Holidays Together provision for children eligible for benefits-related free school meals during the Easter, Summer and Christmas 2022 holiday periods.
In a new partnership with Samworth Brothers, providers can now choose to have healthy meal bags delivered daily. If you would like to take up this offer, please mention this in your application.
Important Update: Changes to the Application Process for beomcing a Leicestershire Holidays Together Provider (Winter 2022 - Winter 2024)
In line with procurement regulations, Leicestershire County Council has now moved to a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for awarding contracts to HAF providers for the remainder of the current three-year programme, which ends in December 2024.
The application window to join the DPS is now open for providers who would like to apply to deliver HAF in Winter 2022. The tender opportunity has been published on the council's e-tendering portal, EastMidsTenders.
All providers interested in applying must register interest via this link to the EastMidsTenders e-tendering portal.
If you are already registered as a provider on EastMidsTenders, you can register your interest in the opportunity by clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen.
If you are not already registered as a provider on EastMidsTenders, you can complete a simple registration process by clicking on the 'Register free' link below the green button.
For organisations who wish to apply to deliver Holidays Together provision for Winter 2022, please note the following:
- All documentation relating to the opportunity can be downloaded from the E-tendering Portal.
- All communication relating to the application/tender process will now go through the messaging facility within the e-tendering portal. Further guidance on how to register on the portal can be found here.
- We cannot send you information regarding the tender via this email address. Please see the guidance document below which explains how to use the E-tendering portal, which you may find useful.
- The deadline for submissions to be able to apply for HAF winter 2022 provision is 12.00 midday on the 12th September 2022.
- Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered for 2022 provision but will be considered for 2023/2024 provision. A full timetable is included within the tender documentation.
- We will be holding an online Q and A event (on Microsoft Teams) on Thursday 1st September from 4.30 – 6.00pm for providers who are interested in joining this HAF DPS to deliver HAF provision during Winter 2022.
- The meeting link for joining this event is here.
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hear from Holiday Together Providers
Impact Highlights & Providers Resource Hub
For more information, please contact:
Sports Development Officer
I am working flexibly in the office or at home, therefore please contact me via email or phone number provided.
My areas of responsibility are:
- Holidays Together - Holiday Activities & Food Programme
- Asset Based Community Development - New Parks, Leicester
- 01509 564871