Active Together, working with Leicestershire County Council are coordinating the Department for Education funded Holiday Activities & Food Programme (HAF), known as 'Holidays Together', across Leicestershire in 2022.
Leicestershire Holidays Together is a free and exciting Department for Education-funded holiday programme for school-aged children and young people who are:
- attending Reception to year 11 (inclusive)
- receiving benefits-related free school meals
- living in Leicestershire.
The aim is that the children who attend the provision will be supported:
- to eat more healthily over the school holidays;
- to be more active during the school holidays;
- to take part in engaging and enriching activities;
- to be safe and not to be socially isolated;
- to have greater knowledge of health and nutrition; and
- to be more engaged with school and other local services.
Leicestershire County Council will be awarding funding to Leicestershire schools, charity, voluntary and community sector organisations and other out of school and holiday activity organisations to deliver Holidays Together provision.
In a new partnership with Samworth Brothers, providers can now choose to have healthy meal bags delivered daily.
Holidays Together Provider Application Process
In line with procurement regulations, Leicestershire County Council has now moved to a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for awarding contracts to Holidays Together providers for the remainder of the current three-year programme, which ends in December 2024.
The application window to join the DPS is open for providers who would like to apply to deliver Holidays Together in Easter 2023. The tender opportunity has been published on the council's East Mids Tenders E-tendering Portal.
- All providers interested in applying must register interest via the East Mids Tenders E-tendering Portal.
- If you are already registered as a provider on East Mids Tenders, you can log in and register interest in the opportunity.
- If you are not already registered as a provider on East Mids Tenders, you can complete a simple registration process.
- A full timetable is included within the tender documentation.
- We will be holding an online Q&A event in December for providers who are interested in joining this HAF DPS to deliver Holidays Together in Easter 2023.
- Please register on the e-tendering portal to access further details, and please refer to the messaging facility within the portal for the meeting link for this event.
- All documentation relating to the opportunity can be downloaded from the e-tendering portal.
- All communication relating to the application/tender process will now go through the messaging facility within the e-tendering portal. See further guidance on how to register on the portal(link is external)
- We cannot send you information regarding the tender via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address – however, we have attached a guide to using the e-tendering portal, which you may find useful.
If you have any queries, please email: email@example.com
Hear from Holiday Together Providers
Impact Highlights & Providers Resource Hub
For more information, please contact:
Sports Development Officer
I am working flexibly in the office or at home, therefore please contact me via email or phone number provided.
My areas of responsibility are:
- 01509 467495