School sports facilities can provide the perfect place for children and young people, and the wider local community, to engage in sport and physical activity opportunities.
Active Together are able to support schools in maximising the use of their facilities - helping connect to local partners and explore opportunities to overcome barriers to increasing the use of school sports facilities.
Why explore developing community use of sports facilities?
Developing greater use of school sports facilities can provide a number of positive outcomes, such as:
- Providing a greater range of after-school activities for pupils, supporting their health and wellbeing.
- Develop greater connection and engagement with the local community.
- Provide a source of income to help schools continue to develop their offer.
- Help secure investment into developing future facilities and programmes.
What support is available?
As the Active Partnership, Active Together work with a range of local organisations and authorities to develop sport and physical activity provision. We're able to support schools in planning their community offer, such as:
- Exploring local needs and opportunities.
- Engagement with clubs and other partners.
- Considering a variety of operating models.
- Connection to case studies and examples of existing practice.
- Support in accessing policies and procedures.
For more information please contact:
Sports Facilities Development Officer
I am working flexibly in the office or at home, therefore please contact me via email or phone number provided.
My areas of responsibility are:
- Sports Facilities Development
- School/College Community Access
- Active Environments
- Hinckley & Bosworth Link Officer
- 01509 564865