The Daily Boost aims to encourage children and young people to do 15 minutes of organised activity at school every day, benefiting their long-term physical and mental health and wellbeing.
What is the Daily Boost?
Children and young people should aim to be active for an average of 60 minutes per day and move at a level that increases their breathing and heart rate. This can include all forms of activity, such as Physical Education, Sport and Daily Physical activity.
30 minutes of their daily target can and should be achieved at school, so the Daily Boost is here to help! It's so easy to get involved and it's a completely FREE* programme!
The Daily Boost offers a flexible, evidence-based approach for children and young people in school to increase activity with a varied approach to meet the needs of each school and their pupils.
It aims to encourage children and young people to do 15 minutes of organised activity at school every day, benefitting their long-term physical & mental health and wellbeing.
This could be before school starts, at lunchtime, Active travel, or during the school day in an 'active lesson'. Children and young people could walk, run, skip, hop or jump around a set lap or loop at school. Or simply do their favourite sport or activity/game that gets them active – dancing, cycling, scooting, anything!
- A Daily Boost is 15 minutes of structured activity, or take part in a 'mini boost' of 5 minutes, in the classroom or a small space i.e. Brain Break.
Mini Boosts are a great way to introduce short bursts of activity to break up the school day, no matter what the weather and how much space you have.
- 3 x 5-minute Mini Boosts = A Daily Boost!
By completing this form you are consenting to being contacted (via the email address provided) by the Active Together team regarding Daily Boost and other physical activity opportunities for your school.
We have now introduced classroom and individual pupil scorecards that offers a quick and easy interactive way of monitoring your progress.
You can chose to use our digital wallchart which can be customised to suit your school.
Once you've decided what 'boost' activities you want to do and have started doing your 'Daily Boost', record your pupil's participation on your chosen monitoring tool.
Download one of our Milestone certificates to celebrate your pupils achievement
We have now introduced INSPIRATIONS to provide themed ideas which you can use to achieve your daily Daily Boosts in School
All the resources are FREE and can be accessed Below
You can take part at any time of the year and if you want to provide your data we will add you to our Termly Prize Draw.
Boost Ideas at School
Mini Boost Resources
We have some new Mini Boost Resources to share with you and offer some ideas to create Mini Boosts in the classroom or in small spaces.
Winter Themed Activity
1. Rocket Blast's
- Stretch your arms as wide as you can, one to the sky and the other to the floor and tap your foot
- Change sides and see if you can reach even further
- Add a jump in between to lift off
2. Ice Skidding
- Imagine you are running on ice
- Start slow and steady
- Gradually build up your speed to see how fast you can go
3. Snow Boot Pull Ups
- Imagine you are pulling on your boots ready to play out in the snow.
- Flex your toes as you pull up as high as you can
- Stand up tall between each move.
4. Star Point Jumps
- Imagine a star on the floor
- Try and jump to each point of the star
- Remember to bend your knees as you land
5. Slalom Skiing
- Imagine you are at the top of the hill, you have on your skis and your ski poles in each hand
- See how quickly you can get to the bottom zig zagging side to side to miss the trees
- Keep your feet together and your tummy pulled in
6. Tinsel Tug
- What is your favourite colour tinsel?
- Imagine you are pulling it out of Santa's sack
- You can pull really slow... OR really fast
7. Rocket Gliders
- Get Ready to fly to Lapland
- Use your arms like propellers to get you off the ground
- Start with small slow circle movements and then see if you can make the bigger.
- Soar through the sky from side to side
8. Snow Scoop Shuffle
- Its Christmas Eve and the snow has been falling
- Make sure you clear the way for Santa
- Sweep the snow again with big movements in both directions, clearing the path to your door
9. Penguin Waddle
- Have you got Happy Feet?
- Stand up nice and tall, arms by your side like penguin wings
- Keep your heels together and waddle like a penguin.
- Or what about another animal, bird??
10. Reindeer Gallop
- Who is your favourite Reindeer?
- Imagine you are leaping through the air or galloping through the snow pulling Santa's sleigh
- You can go slow or really fast and earn your Christmas carrot
11. Angel Wing Jumps
- Jump in the air and spread your wings
- How many can you do? How high can you jump?
- Watch out, don't lose your halo!!
12. Snowball Throws
- Zoom loves a snow ball fight, how about you?
- Make your imaginary snowball and see how far you can throw them
- Remember to dodge any snowballs coming your way
Daily Boost Skipping Routine
Useful Apps for Kids
DANCE IDEAS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Why not try one of these ideas to be active during this term