British Swimming Athlete Representative
British Swimming is seeking nominations for the Role of British Swimming Athlete Representative, who will sit on the British Swimming Board.
- Contact Email
- Part Time
- Placed On
- Thu 11th November, 2021
- 12:00am - Fri 26th November, 2021
- Sport / Activity
- Job Reference
- British Swimming Athlete Representative
About British Swimming Athlete Representative
The purpose of this position is to make an effective contribution to the Board, ensuring that they represent athletes from across the aquatic disciplines, drive continuous improvement, promote a sustainable performance culture and provide strategic leadership to the delivery of the corporate plan.
This includes leading the Athlete Representative Group (ARG), as well as supporting and promoting athletes' voices on issues raised by athletes by engaging, informing and interacting with other athletes, the ARG and any other relevant stakeholders.
British Swimming is seeking nominations (these can be self-nominations – see below) for the Role from all British athletes who have competed for a British Swimming team (represented GBR) in any of the aquatic disciplines, namely; para-swimming, swimming, diving, water polo, artistic swimming and high diving within the past four years from Wednesday 20th October 2021 and from those who are 18 years old and over.
Applications should outline the athlete's suitability for the Role based on the eligibility criteria above and the following:
- Evidence of their commitment to fulfilling the objects and representing the values of British Swimming;
- Evidence of skills and competencies required for the fulfilment of the responsibilities of the Role;
- Provided a Personal Statement. The personal statement section (maximum 500 words) should outline an athlete's suitability for the Role. If an athlete has an intellectual impairment (for example, they have competed as an S14 para-swimmer), they can alternatively choose to submit their personal statement in video or audio form, limited to one minute in length. Details on how to submit this are available on the nomination form.
- Confirmation that you have not served a ban from any sport for any reason.
To obtain an application pack contact email BSHRdepartment@swimming.org or download a pack from our website www.britishswimming.org
Applicants can submit a nomination by sending the completed form to email@example.com.
Nominations close on Friday 26th November 2021