Sport Progress Tutor (Leicester Tigers)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the SMB College for a Sport Progress Tutor to join the team at Brooksby campus. Working in this role you will be supporting a caseload of students with their College attendance, retention and achievement strategies, across different programmes/levels to ensure that they are engaged with all aspects of their study programme, from the start of their learning through to progression into further study or employment.
- £25,363 to £26,900
- Full Time
- Brooksby Melton College
- Placed On
- Wed 3rd August, 2022
- 12:00am - Fri 12th August, 2022
About Sport Progress Tutor (Leicester Tigers)
The SMB Group is a highly successful FE college, formed through the merger of Stephenson College and Brooksby Melton College. They are an innovative and highly responsive centre for education and training with campuses in Coalville, Melton Mowbray and Brooksby.
You can expect the opportunity to work with an organisation that is committed to the ongoing development of its people. You will have a passion for innovation, bringing new ideas and embedding new technologies into the learning environment.
Purpose of Job:
- To support a caseload of students on a variety of vocational programmes between level 1 and 3 – where possible, in one industry specialism, but could be across more than one
- 'Caseload' – this can range from 120 students to 160 students depending on level and other complexities of courses
- To support College attendance, retention and achievement strategies by providing a high quality proactive student support service
- To provide support for learning that contributes to an outstanding student experience from the start of the College journey to progression into further study or employment
- To work directly with Section Managers, curriculum staff, Course Leaders and student services to ensure students are fully engaged with all aspects of their Study Programme and achieving at a level that demonstrates added value where relevant
- Work closely with students to help them prioritise, time manage effectively and progress on their course
- Work closely with Course Leaders to ensure regular updates on student progress
- Effectively utilise Pro-Solution software to monitor and track students progress including data, setting up individual targets and action plans if required.
Wider benefits include:
- Career Average Pension Scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
- Onsite free parking at all campuses
- Professional development to achieving a professional teaching qualification
- Onsite gym at Coalville and Brooksby
- EAP Scheme
- Discounted Private Health Scheme
Further information can be found here.
Closing date for applications is the 12th August 2022