Swimming Programme Coordinator
Loughborough University are recruiting a Programme Co-ordinator to support the organisation, delivery and development of Loughborough Swimming and is a brand new role within the swimming programme with a primary focus on organisation and administration.
About Swimming Programme Coordinator
The role will primarily focus on organisation and administration. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the SDC and liaise with several internal departments and organisations including, all Loughborough Swimming coaching staff, Loughborough Students' Athletic Union (AU), and key stakeholders, both nationally and internationally.
The role will encompass several key areas of operation for Loughborough Swimming. With daily input and mentoring from all Loughborough Swimming coaching staff, the Swimming Programme Coordinator will be expected to:
- Support Loughborough Swimming Coaches in their organisation of an effective swimming programme throughout the pathway, so they can compete successfully in national and international swim meets.
- Be the first point of contact for any Loughborough Swimming enquiries, providing relevant pathway information to potential recruits.
- Undertake administrative and operational tasks including but not limited to:
- Ensuring all swimmers are registered with Swim England
- Support coaches with the organization of training camps and associated logistics.
- Support coaches and swimmers with all competition logistics
- Assist the coaches with BUCS entries across the year.
- Ensure all kit order logistics are managed efficiently.
- Support coaches with the collection of all training fees.
- Coordinate communications with key stakeholder groups such as parents, sponsors and alumni.
- Attend and contribute to internal and external meetings about the Loughborough Swimming programme and the development of swimming at Loughborough University.
- Support the organisation of swimmer recruitment and attend key meets throughout the year to support the Swimming Coaches and develop relationships nationally and internationally. This would also include attendance at University Open Days and coordination of swim camp activity run by the Loughborough Swimming.
- Raise the profile of Loughborough Swimming through improvements in media outlets. This will include improvements in the Loughborough Swimming layout/structure/information shown on the University website, promotion of events across social media, and other areas of development.
- Assist in information requests for current and potential sponsors.
- Carry out project work, e.g., providing information for facility developments as directed by the Director of Swimming or the Senior Performance Programme Manager.
The University is supportive, wherever possible, of flexible working arrangements and this position is full-time and open-ended. To find out more on the person specification, please follow the associated link.