- £9.00 - £10.00 per hour
- Part Time
- Menphys Ltd
- Placed On
- Mon 31st October, 2022
About Club Support Worker
Menphys is a local Leicestershire and Leicester Charity that provides a range of services to children, young people and young adults with disabilities, complex health needs and special educational needs. Menphys has a range Activity Clubs supporting children and young people aged 5-25 years. These clubs run throughout the week and cover varying topics including sports, youth club and music.
The purpose of the clubs is to provide a quality social space for young people and adults with a range of disabilities with the opportunity to take part in a range of quality meaningful activities and experiences that stimulate and develop the member's skills in a friendly, supportive and needs-led environment. Opportunities should be created that promote social interaction, communication and choice whilst promoting confidence, self-belief and developing independence skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a social space for children and young people with SEND to take part in a range of quality meaningful activities that develop their skills in order to achieve the club aims to promote confidence, self-belief and independence skills.
- Supporting Club members with the programme of activities provided each week, across all areas.
- Working as part of the Menphys Clubs team, including Club Room leads and volunteers.
- Assisting with the setting up and clearing away of activities delivered.
- Supporting Club Members with needs-led support
- Handling challenging behaviour in an appropriate and tailored way to Club members
- To support Club Members with their personal needs when necessary e.g packed lunch, getting a drink
- To support Club Members with the maintaining and development of independence skills with the aim of increasing self-esteem and self-belief.
- To act in a friendly and approachable manner, but maintain the correct level of professionalism.
- Be committed to the role, being punctual and following the correct procedures for absence/sickness.
- To work flexibly when the needs arise including attending training, and where necessary covering other clubs/sites as required for the role.
- To be familiar with key Menphys policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed.
- To be committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
Part-time, permanent vacancies are available. Please email menphys to find out more about these job roles.