Pre-school Gymnastics Coach and Lead
We are looking for a part time, enthusiastic and reliable pre-school gymnastics coach to work with our pre-school programme, to provide gymnastics activities for our very youngest members. Qualified and experienced coaches needed, but training can be given to help you reach British Gymnastics qualifications in pre-school gymnastics. Pre-school sessions will run during school times and are aimed at parent and child, and also structured pre-school sessions to develop children in the fundamental movement skills for physical activity. The right candidate will develop and run the programme and reporting to the Management Committee.
- Hathern, Loughborough, LE12 5LZ
- Contact Name
- Hazel Colton
- Contact Email
- Hourly rate from £7.50 to £15, dependant on qualification and age.
- Part Time
- Placed On
- Tue 31st January, 2023
- Sport / Activity
- Job Reference
- PS Coach Lead
About Pre-school Gymnastics Coach and Lead
To ensure the delivery of Upstarts Gymnastics development plan, ensuring a high quality and responsive programme with a clear pathway within pre-school participation (including people with differing needs and/or disabilities) for all members taking part, whilst providing a safe, stimulating, educational and fun environment for those in attendance.
Key Accountabilities/Main duties
Co-ordination of Recreational Delivery
- To plan the delivery of an appropriate pre-school strategy for gymnastics sessions, within the scope of all club policies and aims.
- To implement this strategy through planning and organising of gymnastics activities within the pre-schooll classes. Delegating planning of some sessions, where appropriate, to a competent member of the team.
- To ensure planning delegated to other coaches is appropriate, adequate and shared.
- To organise the staffing of pre-school sessions, within club policy ratios, and with the Human Resources team, where appropriate.
- To provide regular feedback to the Club on gymnasts' progression and suitability to progress through the groups and signpost to development groups where appropriate.
- To communicate with parents in an appropriate and approved way regarding any passing on of information, management processes, updates, changes to the timings, location or programme etc.
- To undertake the administration of pre-school emails on a regular basis.
- To work with the Management software Co-ordinator to ensure the management system is kept up to date and within expected timescales.
- To undertake any relevant administration required of the head of pre-school coach at Upstarts Gymnastics Club.
- To ensure coaches, trainees and volunteers adhere to the delivery of coaching, and comply with club policies and procedures.
- To ensure coaches, trainees and volunteers are supported through their own personal progression and mentored by an appropriate person.