School Sport Coach Apprentice - Redmoor Academy
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic individual looking to enter or excel in a career within sports coaching and/or teaching. You will collaborate with teachers to design and deliver coaching programmes to develop pupils’ mastery of psychomotor skills by applying a whole child approach in your coaching.
- Redmoor Academy Wykin Road, LE10 0EP
- Contact Name
- Sophia Cleaver
- Contact Email
- Loughborough College
- Full Time
- Loughborough College
- Placed On
- Mon 3rd April, 2023
- 12:00am - Wed 31st May, 2023
About School Sport Coach Apprentice - Redmoor Academy
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic individual looking to enter or excel in a career within sports coaching and/or teaching. You will collaborate with teachers to design and deliver coaching programmes to develop pupils' mastery of psychomotor skills by applying a whole child approach in your coaching.
As a School Sport Coach Apprentice, you will need to understand how to plan and deliver coaching sessions. You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students. Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship.
- Support the provision of high-quality sports coaching during and after school.
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities.
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding.
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision.
- Utilise and collaborate with industry-wide support networks and internal team members to ensure the most effective coaching services are delivered to participants.
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff).
- Increase physical activity during break and lunchtimes.
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport.
- Support the PE Coordinator regarding intra and inter school events.
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom activities and the school environment).
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment.
- Managing coursework set the Apprenticeship.
- Develop and update own coaching philosophy and strategies through professional practice, continuous development and self-review.
- Develop and implement evidence-based, progressive coaching systems that comply with all relevant and current legislation, statutory guidance, sector standards and codes.
- Use up-to-date knowledge of wider issues affecting the coaching environment to proactively influence best practice across the coaching team.
- Promote holistic wellbeing within coaching practice to control/contain stressors experienced by participants in the coaching environment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of education standards, trends, frameworks, paradigms and contemporary influences.
Deliver appropriate coaching pedagogies and processes that align to national physical education curriculum and considers the school context, category, culture, strategies and regulatory constraints.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROSPECTS
DESIRED SKILLS & PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Organisation skills
- Non judgemental
- Motivated and self-driven
- Confident swimmer
- Flexible and adaptable
THINGS TO CONSIDERAdditional training to take place at Loughborough College every 2 weeks to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying. Loughborough College reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy before the end date, following consultation with the employer. You will be employed to work with children full time in a school as a member of staff, not a student. Any offer of Apprenticeship will be subject to a full DBS and Satisfactory References Commitment for 2 years is crucial and no qualifications can be gained by leaving before passing the end point assessment