Posted: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 08:48
Most Leicestershire residents will agree that Bradgate Park is one of the county's top spots for a wander - and now a study by outdoor retailer Millets has found that it is also one of the most beautiful places for a walk in the UK.
The study looked at Tripadvisor reviews which include the words "beautiful", "pretty" and "picturesque" to reveal the most beautiful walks in Britain. It looked at walks of all types and lengths, including everything from short ambles on the beach to challenging hikes.
Taking the top spot is Arthur's Seat which is located in the heart of Edinburgh. Located around a mile from the city centre, the walk to the summit is a fairly easy one and rewards you with panoramic views of Scotland's capital and beyond and more than 1,600 people have described this walk as either "beautiful", "pretty" or "picturesque".
In second place is a route that allows you to walk in the footsteps of giants, the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland. The causeway is an UNESCO World Heritage site and draws hundreds of thousands of visitors each year to walk these natural stepping stones.
In third place is the Clifton Suspension Bridge, which spans the Avon Gorge from Bristol to Somerset. The bridge itself is a Grade I listed building and while it's an iconic sight in its own right, the walk across it gives you some incredible views over the gorge and the River Avon.
Here's the top 10 most beautiful walks in Britain, according to the study:
- Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh - 1,671 beautiful walk reviews
- Giant's Causeway, County Antrim - 1,370 beautiful walk reviews
- Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol - 1,204 beautiful walk reviews
- Ingleton Waterfalls Trail, Yorkshire Dales - 1,109 beautiful walk reviews
- Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye - 1,063 beautiful walk reviews
- Bradgate Park, Leicestershire - 923 beautiful walk reviews
- The Lizard, Cornwall - 905 beautiful walk reviews
- Dovedale, Peak District - 892 beautiful walk reviews
- Rhossili Bay, Gower Peninsula - 747 beautiful walk reviews
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 738 beautiful walk reviews
Find out more about Bradgate Park and what it has to offer here.
To find more parks and open spaces across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland visit our parks and open spaces search engine.
(Source: Leicester Mercury)
More information: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/bradgate-park-uk-list-beautiful-5562609?fbclid=IwAR3bi4ON626jYV-UcNCFj1cezEvQU3qZvml7b56N1hWVR2EHY3QtIx6cDHs