Posted: Wed, 10 May 2023 10:30
New careers films showcasing the extensive opportunities which are available in the physical activity and sport sector across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
See and hear what people working in the local sector say about working across the physical activity and sport landscape in Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Careers in the physical activity and sport sector LLR
The sector may be broader than you think. CIMSPA, the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity, break the sector down into the following sub-sectors:
Exercise and Fitness, Leisure Operations, Professional Sport, Health & Wellbeing, Community Sport, Adventure Sport.
Interested in a specific sub-sector? Then check out the additional films for the different sub-sectors in Section 1 of the webpage.
- Professional and Community Sport
- Exercise, Fitness and Leisure Operations
- Adventure Sport and Health & Wellbeing
- The wider sector – including some national sports organisations based at SportPark Loughborough, as well as inspiration from the Sports Technology Institute.
These films have been created for:
- Individuals new to the world of work, through to people with many years experience in the sector or in other sectors.
- Careers advisers, tutors, teachers, employers and employees.
- Parents/carers, supporters and friends of people interested in finding out more.
Special thanks goes out to all the organisations who have supported the development of these films:
Leicester City in the Community, The Leicester Riders Foundation, Leicester Tigers Foundation, Leicestershire County Cricket Club, Tzuka, Swim England, Waterfront Sports and Education Academy, Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre, CEL Sports, Loughborough University, Hinckley and Bosworth District Council.
Extra special thanks to the team at Colab for their expertise in producing the film and supporting the whole process.
The films and the wider careers resources can be found on this webpage: Careers & Job Finder | Active Together (active-together.org)