Asda Foundation Cost of Living Grant
This grant is one of three grants underneath our ‘Grassroots Grants’ programme and aims to support the increased running costs groups are facing because of the Cost of Living crisis, along with essentials.
- Amount Available
- £400 to £1,600
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
- 1:00am - Fri 1st March, 2024
About Asda Foundation Cost of Living Grant
Asda know communities and grassroots groups continue to be impacted by the Cost of Living crisis, with many having seen a rise in demand for their services at the same time as a decline in income and rising costs. The Cost of Living Grant is for groups whose main activities are supporting some of the most vulnerable members of our society by providing them with the essentials, or simply providing a safe warm and welcoming space for those struggling to heat their homes during the winter.
Please note: if a group wants to apply for something that is more of a community activity, they should look to the Empowering Local Communities (or Under 18s Better Starts) grants as appropriate: please find details of these grant programmes at https://www.asdafoundation.org/how-to-apply.
There are three options to choose from under this grant. You can apply for one option, or a combination:
- Food & Essentials Costs - Additional food and essential costs due to the cost-of-living crisis
- Rent & Utilities - Funding for rent and utility bills (Funding bills up to 1st September 2024).
- Volunteering - Funding to support volunteer costs enabling them to continue supporting their groups and communities.
How much can I apply for and when?
- Groups may apply for one Grassroots Grant per year to a maximum value of £1,600 and minimum value of £400.
- This guidance relates to Round 1; further details including dates and guidance for future rounds will be released in due course.
- Round 1 applications may be submitted to your local Community Champion between 15th January – 1st March 2024, and activities must begin within six months of the application window closing date (i.e. by 1st September 2024).
- Applications should be submitted to Asda Foundation at least 6 weeks before your activity to give enough processing time. Please give the Community Champion sufficient time.
Active Together is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.