Generation Charnwood will equip young people with the relevant skills, resilience and improved wellbeing to overcome the immediate impact of Covid-19 and develop a 'workforce for the future,' through improved access to physical activity, sporting and leadership opportunities.
The Youth Sport Trust in partnership with Active Together, are working with employers across the Charnwood area to create work placements and industry experiences as stepping stone to help people to move a step or even a big leap forwards into the world or work.
Could you help the Generation Charnwood Project reach out local young people and young adults who could benefit most?
Seeking young adults aged 16 years – 24 years who are:
- Living in Charnwood
- Not currently in education, employment or training
- In need of an opportunity to get a taste of the world of work through our sport, leisure and physical activity sector
Get a taste of different role which you might not have thought existed for you in Charnwood:
- Sports Ground and Garden maintenance – play a part in making sport happen.
- Customer service roles – in leisure centres helping members of the public and the smooth operations or within key office workspaces.
- SportPark experiences – help some of our national sporting organisations, join team meetings, events and get involved with different projects.
The programme aims to support you to:
- Develop skills and experiences to support your journey towards work in any sector.
- Create a journal/collection of experiences which you can use to demonstrate your experiences to help you secure future work.
- Explore roles which you may not have known existed.
- Build new contacts.
This sector needs:
- Charnwood residents to join our sector and help provide opportunities for more people to move more.
- People who can work in a team and communicate with others.
- People who are reliable, hardworking, resilient and adaptable.
This project aims to give eligible individuals the opportunity to:
- Get involved in new interesting opportunities
- To demonstrate your skills and experiences
- Share your voice and your perspective
We also know that employers recruit people from their existing networks. Let's help you be part of those networks and build in some more potential destinations for you.
For more information please contact:
Programme Manager – Generation Charnwood Project
Youth Sport Trust
- 01509 462988