Posted: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:00
10 Teams from across Leicestershire, Leicester City & Rutland, took part in the Tag Rugby Super-Series Final on the 17th May.
In a closely fought contest which saw all 10 partnerships represented, it was St Peter's Market Bosworth (Hinckley & Bosworth) that took home the gold medals after beating Glenhills Primary (Oadby & Wigston) who finished second in a tense 8-8 draw which led to St Peter's Primary School winning by one try in extra time! Badgerbrook Primary School (Blaby & Harborough) finished in third position.
The 'Spirit of the Games' trophy was awarded to Braunstone Community Primary (West Leicester). The organisers collectively believed that this school best showed the values in which the "School Games" represents - Determination, Honesty, Passion, Respect, Self-Belief and Teamwork.
The Super-Series Final saw up to 12 Year 5/6 girls and boys representing each partnership, which was kindly hosted by Leicester Grammar School.
Results – Tag Rugby, Year 5/6 Mixed
- Winners ~ Hinckley & Bosworth (St Peter's Market Bosworth)
- 2nd Place ~ Oadby & Wigston (Glenhills Primary School)
- 3rd Place ~ Blaby & Harborough (Badgerbrook Primary School)
- 4th Place ~ Rutland (Hallaton CE Primary)
- 5th Place ~ Melton & Belvoir (Frisby Primary School)
- 6th Place ~ East Leicester (St Thomas More School)
- 7th Place ~ North Charnwood (Sacred Heart Academy)
- 8th Place ~ South Charnwood (The Pochin School)
- 9th Place ~ North West Leicestershire (Ashby Willesley School)
- 10th Place ~ West Leicester (Braunstone Community Primary)
- 'Spirit of the Games' ~West Leicester (Braunstone Community Primary)
The Leicester-Shire & Rutland School Games is part of the national 'School Games Programme' that is a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire young people to take part in more competitive school sport. It is open to all young people aged 5-18 years, of all abilities and backgrounds from every school across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Delivered locally by Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) and the 10 School Sport & Physical Activity Networks (SSPANS), the Leicester-Shire & Rutland School Gamesprovides schools the chance to boost their existing work in school sport to create a year-round calendar of competition for all students.
The 2015/16 School Games programme sets to provide 20 Level 3 Super-Series Finals, a Spring and Summer Championships in 55 competitions across 26 sports!