There are many ways that we can prepare our lives to make the shift towards losing weight.
An Overview of Weight Management
Leicestershire Weight Management Service
The Leicestershire Weight Management service offers a nutritional lifestyle programme. It runs for 12-weeks and is available to Leicestershire residents (excluding City)
Things we explore:
- How to change your eating habits to be healthier and reach a healthy weight
- Effective physical activity for weight loss and health
- What is a healthy weight or BMI
- Keeping a lifestyle diary
What we offer:
- Support from a qualified professional to help you to meet your goals
- A plan to track your progress on changing your lifestyle habits
- Slow, steady and sustainable weight-loss goals—usually 1 to 2 pounds per week
- Regular feedback on your goals and progress (over email, phone, videocall, webchat or text messages)
- The option of social support from groups and referrals to other support services
- Monitoring and support throughout the program (in person, by phone, online)
If you feel the weight management service can support you, and you're ready to take that first step to improving your health and wellbeing – please do get in touch by visiting Weight Management - LCC Weight Management (leicestershirewms.co.uk)
Lifestyle, Eating, Activity Programme (LEAP)
For Leicester City residents only
What is LEAP? - click here for the LEAP poster
- This is a weight management group with healthy eating and physical activity run by NHS Nutritionists and a local exercise instructor.
- Each week there is a healthy eating topic to focus on and throughout the course the exercise instructor will introduce new and exciting exercises and routines to try.
- Follow up support is provided once the course finishes for up to 1 year.
- The aim is to lose weight sensibly and gradually then keep it off by learning about eating well and being more active.
LEAP targeted course
• Delivered at various venues across the city
• Sessions run for 11 weeks - including induction session
• Small group size - (male and female)
• Weighing is optional and carried out away from the other group members
• Each nutrition session is one hour
• We also offer 7 sessions of 30 minutes taster exercise classes
• Discuss different healthy eating topics such as fats, sugars, label reading and snacks.
Interested? Call Our Public Health team on 0116 222 7154
Whether you're trying to lose weight, get in shape or just live a healthier life, eating well has lots of benefits. From improving your health to saving you money, there are lots of reasons to eat well.
The programme is designed to help empower you to make informed changes in habits and food choices. We want to enable you to develop new eating routines that will help you have more energy and find renewed joy in food and exercise.
Find Weight Management Clubs/Groups Near You
Use the search below to find local organisations near you.
National Governing Bodies
- Contact Name
- NHS England
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0300 311 22 33